Hey everyone-
Sorry that we've been MIA. We sold our townhome and have been waiting for all inspections and contingencies and natural disasters to pass (can you tell the first Purchase Agreement fell through??) before actually starting to pack. Since we close on Wednesday 2/25 - I'm pretty comfortable that we won't jinx it at this point.....fingers crossed.....
So - one might hope that the next house would have fallen in our laps. Unfortunately that is not the case. We did put an offer in on a house - but as luck would have it - someone else did too, so we didn't get that place. And instead - we are moving into the cutest (read: SMALL) one bedroom condo in Linden Hills (Minneapolis neighborhood for those not from here) about 1/2 block from Lake Harriet. It is a furnished place - so the movers are coming on Tuesday to take everything away and store it until we can find our new place. Hopefully before baby comes to live with us in the cutest (read: SMALL) condo!!! Our cell phones will still work - so if you need to get a hold of us - that's the best way. My mom and dad were here last weekend to help us pack up - so we got a big chunk done then - and now all that's left are the little things you need from day to day!
Jeff has been working so much lately - we haven't had a chance to do much house hunting. If only I could get my realtor to show me houses after he gets home at 11pm.....but mostly I'm sleeping. I could ask for a morning briefing, but again, I'm normally sleeping when he leaves at 6:30am. I'm anxiously awaiting the release that should occur in beginning of March that will free up some of his time.
Enough about us -- baby update.
Had a Dr's apt last week and everything is progressing fine - weight is on track, measuring is on track, baby's heartbeat was good. Met with a different doctor than usual, so that was nice to get a chance to meet another person on staff in case she happens to be on call when we go in. We also finished up our hospital classes. I discovered that Jeff has never changed a diaper in his life!?! (How does this come out now???) So we'll soon remedy that situation. And then this week, we had our doula over for another meeting and that went smoothly as well.
I thought I would be finished at work after this week, but now it sounds like I'll have another 1-3 weeks of work.....so registering has again fallen behind moving and packing. We'll get there - eventually.....:)
Hope everyone is enjoying this short month - it sure has flown by for me!
2 comments:
I am so excited you will be so close by!!! Good luck house hunting and glad to hear that Baby Brass is doing well.
Can't wait to see you both in less than a month! Congrats on selling your place - miss you! Megs
Post a Comment