Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Heading to Denver

Well - we are getting packed and ready to go to Denver. So we will have tons of pictures when we return I'm sure. This past weekend we went to St. Cloud to visit our friends Ray & Emily and their five children. Ray and Jeff took off to go shoot some of Ray's handguns for fun and Naia and I quick ran over to St. Ben's while Emily took some of the kids to a Halloween party. I had a great time showing Naia the campus. You get a funny reaction when you have a baby on campus. I never once had to open a door and there was quite a bit of cooing --- "oooh...I just love babies, don't you???" that followed us after we passed by. I guess babies are just one of those things you don't see very often on a college campus!
Anyway - this is a picture of Naia next to the fish pond at CSB (for those of you that don't recognize it!). It has been drained and the fish are happily swimming away in the maintenance building. There was a time when the college cafeteria was near by this fish pond (now it is in a lovely new building so close to our sophomore dorms that it almost pains me to remember walking across campus in February). And there also was a time when I thought it would be funny to jump down into the fish pond after walking back from dinner and pop out and scare my friends that were only minutes behind me. The only problem was that when I jumped out to scare them -- I scared a poor nun instead!!! Believe me. You don't need to go to a Catholic college to feel REALLY guilty about scaring a nun. :) Anyway - as you can see, Naia enjoyed the story and it was much easier to explain without the fish swimming away in the pond. Until we return from Denver.......

No comments: