Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sound of Music

 I saw an email about a month ago about The Sound of Music coming to the Ordway.  It was a sing-a-long version (so they show the movie - but also have all the words to the songs on the screen so everyone can join in).  I immediately purchased two tickets for Naia and I.  And then, about a week and half before, decided that I should make her a costume to look like Gretel.  It was fun - but I'm no seamstress - so it was a bit of a stretch.  I will not be washing the finished product for fear it would all fall apart in the machine.....
 Here we are on the day of -- yes -- I dressed up too -- this isn't my usual uniform....

And last but not least - we've been doing a little potty training at our house.  I've learned several lessons.
 #1 - Do not let the one year old supervise the two year old in the bathroom while you try to get dinner into the crockpot.  This results in all the toilet paper off the roll.
#2.  A one year old who gets to play in the bathroom (quite a lot now) can figure out how to use the stool to crawl up on the toilet seat.  He attempted to make it on top of the tank, but hearing the squeals of delight, I checked on them and discovered the monkey. 
This will take more patience than I thought.....

No comments: