Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Behind on Posting

We've been a bit behind in posting - as I see that at least three weeks have lapsed since our last post! I guess the end of summer will do that to you. I needed to finish up 25 hours of Continuing Legal Education in August in order to maintain my license, so that was busy (but thankfully over!). I can't get any pictures to post (darn internal errors??) so I'll try to upload those later.
Naia had her 4 month appointment with our new pediatrician -- she weighed in at 14 lbs 2 oz and measured 25 1/2 inches and took her shots like a champ.
We had Grandpa and Grandma Brass here to help out while I was finishing up those last minute CLE's. Was a great help. We went to the MN State Fair with them as well. Naia seemed to like her first fair outing!
Naia also got her pictures taken -- I would post some -- but alas, internal errors. Boo. We had to reschedule twice due to rain, but I think we got some really good ones.
Then we spent a week in Fargo visiting Yaya, Papa and Uncle Matty. We had a fun week there being spoiled. Had lots of dinners and lunches with good family friends for "show and tell". Naia loved every minute of it. Who wouldn't when you are the center of attention?!?!
Labor Day weekend we came back home and spent it in Inver Grove Heights. Of course - this means the weather was beautiful for being at the lake......but we had friends over for dinner and did some yard work that needed to be done. The outdoor battle has already been lost for 2009 but that doesn't mean we will entirely give in. Jeff decided that dethatching is hard work. We also went for a hike in Lebanon Hills park -- it's a county park and everyone really enjoyed it (we decided that we needed the practice as we are heading to Denver to see Aunty Megan and Uncle Zach at the end of October!!!!). Hopefully the first of many family hikes.
Today we have a friend coming for lunch who we haven't seen in quite some time. She is having a baby soon so we are looking forward to catching up. We've been watching the kids get on the school bus the past two mornings. Lots of parents with coffee cups and cameras. I'll be sad when we join the ranks.....:)
The posts seem a bit dry without photos - I'll try to post more as soon as we tackle those internal errors.....?
Sarah

No comments: